Greetings Gethsemane Friends & Families,
We are working hard to move forward with our in-person Worship opportunities. Our Safety Planning Team is preparing our staff, and volunteers to be ready for this exciting time. Our target date for in-person Worship is Sunday, August 9th, at
9:00 a.m. There are many changes to the way worship will look. This is necessary so we can meet the safety and social distancing guidelines. We understand not everyone is in the same place with these changes, and we encourage those who are at risk, or in a vulnerable health group to continue worshiping from home. Please review the guidelines to ensure you can follow requirements when signing up to attend.
We look forward to seeing you, however, if on Sunday you are not feeling well or have recently been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 please remain home. ONLINE Worship Live will continue to premiere on Sundays while ON-SITE Worship has resumed.
1. Sign-up for worship is offered online or calling into the office Mon. - 12:00 pm Fri., prior to the Sunday of Worship. This will help us to ensure we are following the capacity guidelines. Once we have reached capacity (70), you are asked to sign-up for the next Sunday's worship, you are always welcome to attend worship in the parking lot at FM 95.1 on your radio or viewing on social media.
2. Masks are required to enter the building. Upon entering there is a check-in process. Please ensure social distancing while waiting to check in. Hand sanitizer is available on check in, during communion, and upon exit.
3. Ushers will direct you to seating areas, only immediate families and couples are seated together, individuals are seated separately.
4. There will be floor markers to help with the process of social distancing please be respectful of others in this process as we learn together in new ways.
5. We will not be singing, passing the peace, or having hand to hand contacts in any way. Communion is offered in a touch-less manner for those that wish to receive it.
6. Communion is served single file by ushers’ direction to the back of the sanctuary upon dismissal. If you wish to not receive simply cross your arms over your chest and proceed to an exit.
7. The elevator is available to and from the sanctuary, one family at a time.
8. The main Narthex restroom is open for use as needed. No other areas of the church are open to the public currently, please follow these guidelines to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
9. Our initial focus is Worship only (enter, Worship, Exit)
10. Should you test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of worship contact the Church Office.
We understand this is an uncertain time for all of us, and we are doing our very best to ensure you feel safe, and comfortable in your personal decisions. We will continue to offer worship via, KDUZ (1260 AM), Facebook, YouTube, Church Website and from the church parking lot on your car radio at FM 95.1. If you have questions or concerns please feel free to call Pastor Laurie, or the office at any time, and you can be directed to the Safety Planning Team for more details.
We are in constant motion of transitioning from day to day with the requirements and guidelines we must follow through the State of MN, the CDC, and MNOSHA. Please be patient with us as we learn to work and walk together to move forward for worship opportunities, and future planning for our congregation. Those that wish to help with volunteer roles please notify Pastor Laurie to receive direction and guidance for preparation and processes prior to the date of service.
The Safety Planning team has spent a great deal of time and effort into ensuring a well-planned effort to ensure the safety and care of everyone. We are the church together and apart.
Gethsemane Lutheran Council, Safety Planning Team & Pastor Laurie